Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grand Ole Party/ Spiritualized



I rolled down to First Ave to see Spiritualized last night.
A friend who saw the tour in DC recommended the show, and if you are able to catch one of there next few dates, I would also recommend it. But not for Spiritualized (which was pretty all right for space rock with jingle bells), but for the opening band, Grand Ole Party. They are Don Henley meets the Yeah Yeah Yeah with a little Lux Interior thrown in. I know your thinking, WTF that sounds uhhhhh. I only say Don Henley because the lead singer who sounds a lot like Karen O, plays the set parked at the front of the stage. If you like the idea of a little cutie screaming out her tunes while rockin' the set in tights and a sequined head band, they are for you.


I partied with Min Jo and Liz for a bit, but mostly rocked it by myself way to close to some speakers ( a little deaf this morning).

Next up/next week, the woman I can't seem to get enough of, Neko Case. 

No comments: