Saturday, June 7, 2008

Totally Crushed!!!!




Wednesday Night was jam-packed with good times.
First, I was invited to join Nick and several of his buds for an evening with The Ballet of the Dolls at the Ritz theater in NE Minneapolis. 
I met some very nice new people, who proved to me once again how small Minneapolis really is. I should have met these people five times over considering our mutual friends. We had some drinks, and I remembered how much I really enjoy watching dance. I totally recommend seeing one of the Doll's productions. p.s., They allow drinks in the theater!

Next, I headed to my dear friend Larz Yungbliut's new bands debut show @ the 7th Street Entry. I caught the final song from the Sirens of Titan, which happened to be Matt Duffin's final performance with the band-Sorry it took me so long to see you play Matt.

Larz has rocked Minneapolis for many of years. You may remember him from such bands as the Spittin' Cobras, or Wax The Matador- but there have been several other bands as well. 
He is not only a great guitar player, and fine singer; but he is by all accounts a stellar individual! 

The new Band is Called EZ CRUSHER. As a band, they promise to "CRUSH", and they lived up to there promise on Wednesday! They are a guitar/bass/drums trio, they are loud and fun! A man who I only know as the "Rexican" (who played bass in Wax the Matador) slayed the set!
Keep an eye out for these guys.

The rest of the evening got a little fuzzy. I met back up with Nick in NE, wished Happy Birthday to his very sweet friend Kary, and put a few more back with Rollin, John and friend.
Wednesday is a good night for drinkin'!

No comments: